Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nursery fit for our princess!

So at this point we had decided on a special name and next needed to create a special place that we could call her nursery! We had to make sure that her room was perfect and fit for a princess, so that was our goal in planning the decor.

I am very inspired by modern interior design and vintage charm. I wanted to be able to tie in my personal style while also adding some antique pieces. Unfortunatly my husband did not have the same views...LOL! I was unsuccessful in my pleas for a chandelier, but made up for it with my night light :) We weren't interested in painting the walls as they were already a neutral color, but knew that we wanted white furniture. After days of research online we found the perfect crib, dresser and 3 drawer changer. I swear, the furniture came in a million little pieces and we spent hours upon hours putting it all together but it was all worth seeing the finished product in the end!

The color scheme we decided on was Pink, Raspberry & Chocolate.

It took forever to find the perfect crib bedding that embodied what we were looking for! We saw so many different sets, but none of them spoke to me the way that the one we finally chose did. It was modern yet clean and simple without feeling to cold. Absolutely perfect! And when we received the bedding we were able to begin accessorising. The fur rug was a must, along with the letters above her crib and the butterfly decals. We tied in the bows holding her crib letters in place, to the valance that hangs from the rod with the jeweled finish. Other special pieces include her princess piggy bank & vintage music box which I received from my own mother, her Grandmother.

These are the visuals...our finished nursery, fit for our princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment