Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My miracles...

More than anything lately I have been taught that nothing in life is guaranteed.
I've discovered through a series of unexpected and unfortunate events how precious life truly is! Not only did our lives change forever on the date we found out that we were pregnant with our first child, but then again 12 days later on the date of December 12, 2008 when my husband suffered a severe work accident. This accident landed him in the ICU @ Harborview for 6 weeks total where he was then transferred to a nursing home for an additional 9 weeks. He underwent 13 surgeries and many other medical procedures. He had to be re-taught how to stand and even walk again, and today he is a walking miracle! I actually have two miracles in my life now and honestly believe that our child is the reason my husband is in his current stage of recovery. Our unborn baby has given us strength, courage, determination and new hope for a better tomorrow. We always have something to look forward to and know that the gift of life is a blessing to be cherished and never taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment